Pages

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Rebuke

Tonight I went to visit a new Bible study through my new church. I've been attending a really small church for the last two years and after a series of path-altering events in Kauai, I decided to find a bigger body of Christ to be with. 
This event was such a breath of fresh air in my life! I loved being a new person in a new group of strangers... and seeing that even though I don't know any of them, there is a bond that is so strong. We are bound by the Truth. We are bound by Jesus Christ. 
We were studying Titus- and a lot of the people had some really simple observations and even reservations about what the scriptures teach that I was stretched to consider and find answers for. I walked away trying to define "grace" and "mercy"... busting out the old Newsboys... singing "Shine" all the way to my "home" on this dark and lonely island. What a joy to remember the mantra of my youth: 
Shine/ Make 'em wonder what you've got/ Make 'em wish that they were not/ On the outside looking bored...Shine/ Let it shine before all men/ Let'em see good works, and then/ Let 'em glorify the Lord....
I was reminded and encouraged to persevere in a PURPOSEFUL and INTENTIONAL Christian life. There is direction even in the most confounding circumstances. My hope is found in nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness. Staying on target. "forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.…"

I can't fix anything in Kauai. I did my best to draw attention to what needs to be fixed and to offer solutions to fix it.... AND to do the work. My two years of labor resulted in someone calling me "fickle." I'm at a loss here.. but here I am for a little bit longer. I'm lifting my chin up and I'm going to grow. I have 10 months to grow here.... 10 months to let God work on me... in Kauai. I want to be more ready for what comes after that.

Lord, help me... and THANK YOU for the breath of fresh air in a land where judgment is clouded by vog.

~Jill

No comments: